PITTSBURGH, May 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Notice is hereby given by the Law Office of Alfred G. Yates Jr., PC that it has filed a class action in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida on behalf of purchasers of the common stock of MAKO Surgical Corporation ("MAKO" or the "Company") between January 9, 2012 and May 7, 2012, inclusive (the "Class Period"), seeking to pursue remedies under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (the "Exchange Act").
If you wish to discuss this action or have any questions concerning this notice or your rights or interests, please contact plaintiff's counsel, Alfred G. Yates Jr., Esquire at 1-800-391-5164, toll free, or at firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail. Please visit http://yatesclassactionlaw.com for more information. Any member of the putative class may move the Court to serve as lead plaintiff through counsel of their choice, or may choose to do nothing and remain an absent class member. If you wish to serve as lead plaintiff, you must move the Court no later than July 9, 2012.
The complaint charges MAKO and certain of its officers and executives with violations of the Exchange Act. The complaint alleges that, throughout the Class Period, defendants issued materially false and misleading statements regarding the Company's financials and future business prospects. Specifically, defendants misrepresented and/or failed to disclose the following adverse facts: (i) that the Company was poised to suffer a wider first quarter loss as it was experiencing higher costs and slower sales of its RIO systems; (ii) that utilization rates of the Company's RIO systems were dropping; (iii) that the Company's 2012 outlook provided at the start of the Class Period lacked a reasonable basis when made; and (iv) that, based on the above, defendants lacked a reasonable basis for their positive statements about the Company or its outlook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV