7 Stocks Fall to 52-Week Lows
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The following stocks sank to 52-week lows on Monday: Research In Motion (RIMM), Best Buy (BBY), Nokia (NOK), Sohu.com (SOHU), Clearwire (CLWR), IAMGOLD (IAG) and Ivanhoe Mines (IVN).
Research In Motion
"Given our view around slower smartphone growth in the US, we lower our FY13/FY14 EPS estimates for RIMM by 2%/5% to $1.40/$1.38 respectively," Credit Suisse analysts wrote in a May 11 report. "Apart from near-term pressure on smartphone demand from US carriers, we see the situation at RIM continuing to deteriorate from both a competitive and product perspective. Only the potential for a sale of the company keeps us at Neutral rating."
Shares of Research In Motion hit a 52-week low on Monday of $11.55. The stock's 52-week high of $45.78 was set on May 19.Research In Motion trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 6.51 times; the average for telecommunications equipment companies is 11.39. For comparison, Wi-LAN (WIN) has a higher forward P/E of 8.7. Thirty-two of the 53 analysts who cover Research In Motion rated it hold. Sixteen analysts gave the stock a sell rating and five rated it buy. The stock has fallen 18.9% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV