7 Stocks Fall to 52-Week Lows
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The following stocks sank to 52-week lows on Monday: Research In Motion (RIMM), Best Buy (BBY), Nokia (NOK), Sohu.com (SOHU), Clearwire (CLWR), IAMGOLD (IAG) and Ivanhoe Mines (IVN).
Research In Motion
"Given our view around slower smartphone growth in the US, we lower our FY13/FY14 EPS estimates for RIMM by 2%/5% to $1.40/$1.38 respectively," Credit Suisse analysts wrote in a May 11 report. "Apart from near-term pressure on smartphone demand from US carriers, we see the situation at RIM continuing to deteriorate from both a competitive and product perspective. Only the potential for a sale of the company keeps us at Neutral rating."
Shares of Research In Motion hit a 52-week low on Monday of $11.55. The stock's 52-week high of $45.78 was set on May 19.Research In Motion trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 6.51 times; the average for telecommunications equipment companies is 11.39. For comparison, Wi-LAN (WIN) has a higher forward P/E of 8.7. Thirty-two of the 53 analysts who cover Research In Motion rated it hold. Sixteen analysts gave the stock a sell rating and five rated it buy. The stock has fallen 18.9% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV