NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- One of the best things gadget makers can do is to take a class-leading existing product and regularly improve it on multiple fronts without taking a step backward anywhere.
Apple (AAPL) has been brilliant at this with its various iterations of the iPhone, iPad and iPod.
But so has Novatel Wireless (NVTL).
In May 2009, Novatel launched its first MiFi wireless router, which allowed users to create mobile WiFi hotspots anywhere.The compact product -- as big as few credit cards stacked together -- was an instant hit and reigned supreme in the market. Then came the Android onslaught, led by the October 2009 launch of Droid phones from Verizon Wireless
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV