Chesapeake Energy: S&P Intraday Gainer
The S&P 500 was falling about 13.5 points to 1,339.
Shares of Chesapeake rose 8.68% to $16.09. The Oklahoma City-based energy exploration and production company said Friday it received a $3 billion loan from Goldman Sachs (GS) and Jefferies Group (JEF), giving the oil and gas company more time to lower its debt.
Chesapeake trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 8 times; the average for exploration and production companies is 15.6. For comparison, Williams Partners (WPZ) has a higher forward P/E of 16.92.Eighteen of the 37 analysts who cover Chesapeake rated it hold. Sixteen analysts gave the stock a buy rating and three rated it sell. The stock has fallen 27.79% year to date.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV