MILWAUKEE, May 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Briggs & Stratton Corporation (BGG) will be featured in a documentary on the Discovery Channel, Fox Business News and the Documentary Channel highlighting its continued commitment to the global community by focusing on education after the Haiti earthquake in January 2011.
The over 5-minute documentary, aptly titled "Giving Back," highlights how Briggs & Stratton sprung to action after the 2011 Haiti earthquake. "Sending generators to Haiti was a natural extension of how we help in times of need," said Laura Timm, Director of Corporate Communications for Briggs & Stratton. "Continuing our relief efforts with a focus on education is critical for the future of the country." Briggs & Stratton works with a nonprofit organization, Haiti Partners, whose staff has decades of experience working to improve education in Haiti, and assisted the Company with the initial donation and ongoing support. Haiti Partners is dedicated to helping Haitians change Haiti.
"We believe in empowering people in our communities to create a better tomorrow for themselves," said Todd Teske, Chairman, President & CEO, Briggs & Stratton. "This was a good opportunity to make those values visible and support our global community."
The documentary can be seen on the following dates, times and channels:
- Discovery Channel - Monday, May 14 at 7:00 a.m. CDT
- Fox Business News – Saturday, May 19 at 2:00 p.m. CDT
- Documentary Channel – Sunday, May 13 at 9:30 a.m. CDT
- Documentary Channel – Sunday, May 20 at 9:30 a.m. CDT
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV