Verastem, Inc., (NASDAQ: VSTM) a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing drugs to treat breast and other cancers by targeting cancer stem cells, today reported financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2012 and also commented on certain corporate accomplishments and plans.
"We continue to build value by progressing the discovery and development of drugs targeting cancer stem cells and adding key advisors," said Christoph Westphal, M.D., Ph.D., Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Verastem, Inc. "Henri Termeer’s insight and extensive experience has been a great asset to Verastem. As Lead Director, Henri will play an integral role in guiding Verastem’s vision for the next generation of cancer treatments. The addition of Dr. Max Wicha to our Scientific Advisory Board adds significant expertise in translational medicine which will shape our programs as we progress towards clinical development over the next 12 months.”
Our significant recent accomplishments include the following:
- Henri Termeer, former Chairman and CEO of Genzyme Corporation, was named Lead Director by our Board of Directors.
- Max Wicha, M.D., Distinguished Professor of Oncology and Director, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, joined our Scientific Advisory Board.
- Robert Weinberg, Ph.D., was honored at the 2012 AACR meeting, where he received the Pezcoller Foundation-AACR International Award for Cancer Research and gave the Plenary Keynote.
- Completed our initial public offering, resulting in approximately $56.8 million of net proceeds.
Broadened our cancer stem cell product candidate and intellectual
property portfolio through exclusive in-licensing and asset
- From the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT: Three families of novel compounds discovered in a 300,000 compound screening campaign.
- From S*Bio: A novel mTOR/PI3K inhibitor program.
- Presented posters at the 2012 AACR meeting on our therapeutic programs targeting the FAK (VS-4718/5095) and Wnt/Beta-catenin (VS-507) signaling pathways as well as our biomarker diagnostic development program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV