NEW YORK, May 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The International Festival of Creativity – Cannes Lions, the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile industry, and Velti, the leading global provider of mobile advertising and marketing technology, together announce today that the Mobile Circus is coming to town. A one-of-a-kind program celebrating the mobile channel, the Mobile Circus will make its debut at the 59th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity – the premier international advertising event - the week of June 17th-23rd.
For the first time this year, Cannes Lions will include Mobile Marketing as a distinct and separate category. In keeping with the "Festival" theme, MMA created "The Mobile Circus Comes to Town" to help bring the power of mobile to the forefront of a week that is all about the best-of-the-best in creativity and innovation. The MMA program will balance entertainment with education, while showcasing the diversity, growth and potential of Mobile Marketing.
Philip Thomas, CEO of Cannes Lions, commented, "We are delighted to count on the support of the Mobile Marketing Association. Their activities in Cannes reinforce the exciting launch of Mobile Lions this year.""Marketers can no longer ignore the power of mobile," says Greg Stuart, CEO of the MMA. " Cannes organizers realize this, and have made mobile integral to the Festival for the first time this year. We are thrilled to be working with them to lead the Festival's debut of the mobile channel; it's up to us to support the industry, help it grow, and make mobile an indispensable part of the marketing mix." "How brands are approaching marketing today will be drastically different in as little as 6 months. Mobile marketing makes the promise of reaching the right person, in the right place at the right time, a real possibility for the first time," said Alex Moukas, CEO, Velti. "As an industry, we need to be leading the way in evangelizing and teaching marketers the best way to reach, engage and inspire the mobile audience. Cannes is the perfect place to further those conversations." "The Mobile Circus Comes to Town" will feature compelling events and programs that will be interwoven within the Cannes Lions Festival's schedule, resulting in the highest level of visibility and exposure for the mobile channel. The Mobile Circus will feature:
- The Mobile Smart Big Top: Events will be centered in and around the Mobile Smart Big Top, a circus tent that serves as the meeting hub that will give marketers and agencies from around the world the opportunity to connect with MMA staff and network with brands, agencies and media professionals. In addition, the Mobile Smart Big Top provides a break from the day where delegates can recharge themselves and their mobile devices. Circus performers will be featured throughout the day, adding to the Festival fun.
- Cannes Mobile Day Speaking Panel: Deconstructing Mobile – Tuesday, June 19: 3:30pm – 4:30pm : As the consumer communications landscape continues to be dominated by mobile devices, mobile marketing is predicted to be one of the highest growth media platforms to ever exist. Hear from mobile marketing leaders on their vision for how the mobile channel will evolve in the next 3-5 years and what this means for marketers. Also discover ways to navigate this complicated and diverse ecosystem to best leverage the power of the channel. Panelists include Alex Moukas, CEO, Velti; David Kenny, Chairman and CEO, The Weather Channel Companies; Margaret Glover-Campbell, SVP of Marketing and External Communications, Poynt; and moderator MMA Global CEO Greg Stuart.
- The Petit Mobile Train: The Cannes Petit Train will be transformed into MMA's Mobile Train for the Festival. Hop on and off to get to where you need to go. The official mode of transportation, the train will take delegates to the key stops throughout the festival including Mobile Day, the Mobile Lions Awards, the parties, the Old Town, and the beaches, and will be stationed right next to the Mobile Smart Big Top.
- Cannes Creative Academy for Young Marketers: As the exclusive sponsor of Cannes' renowned Marketer Academy, the MMA, together with Jim Stengel - ex-CMO of P&G, will be participating in curating the curriculum for 70 of the top up-and-coming brand marketers. This is an unmatched opportunity for marketers to be educated on the power of mobile.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV