This, in terms of understanding our company and what we do is probably the most important slide. That blue middle part which represents the blue of City National is what we really focus on, and as Steve said, we’re a premier business bank with a big wealth management business. We are not all things to all people and partly we talk about what we’re not. We are not in the retail banking business. We think that in good economies it’s a little bit easier to grow when you’re not in the retail banking business. It’s a fabulous business on its own; we’re just not in it. So we kind of operate between these mega banks and the community banks.
Our businesses that we go after are typically $1 million in sales to $250 million in sales, and individuals typically, although we have a new segment we’ve been focused on – preferred banking, which I’ll talk about later – but individuals with investible assets of $1 million and income over $250,000. Also our value proposition, besides having the products and services and investment performance that our clients desire, our big value proposition is service. And we think focusing on this segment we’re able to do that and have the right products for this segment.
And speaking of service, since lots of people talk about service we’ve been recognized continuously, and again in 2011 we got seven awards from Greenwich. So I think it’s one thing to talk about your culture is service; it’s another thing to get the awards. So we’re proud of that and I think it’s just a testament to what our clients say about us when they’re asked.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV