Ameren (AEE) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Ameren fell 34 cents (-1%) to $32.50 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Ameren exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $32.47-$32.87 after having opened the day at $32.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.84. Other company's within the Utilities sector that declined today were: GreenHunter Energy (GRH), down 10.1%, China Hydroelectric Corporation (CHC), down 5.6%, Niska Gas Storage Partners (NKA), down 3.5%, and Unitil Corporation (UTL), down 2.7%. Ameren Corporation operates as a public utility holding company in Missouri and Illinois, the United States. Ameren has a market cap of $7.89 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 29.3, below the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 171.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Ameren a buy, three analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ameren as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Ameren Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AEE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV