SL Green Realty Corporation (SLG) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate loser. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, SL Green Realty Corporation fell 44 cents (-0.5%) to $80.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 696,255 shares of SL Green Realty Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 810,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $80.19-$81.43 after having opened the day at $80.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.18. Other company's within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Vestin Realty Mortgage I (VRTA), down 10.3%, Capital (CT), down 9.7%, Institutional Financial Markets (IFMI), down 5.6%, and Maui Land & Pineapple Company (MLP), down 4.7%. SL Green Realty Corp. is a real estate investment trust (REIT). The firm engages in the property management, acquisitions, financing, development, construction, and leasing. It also provides tenant services to its clients. The firm invests in real estate markets of the United States. SL Green Realty Corporation has a market cap of $7.2 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.5, above the average real estate industry P/E ratio of 12.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 21.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate SL Green Realty Corporation a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates SL Green Realty Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
- You can view the full SL Green Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SLG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV