Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc. (MMC): Today's Featured Insurance Loser
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Marsh & McLennan Companies fell 26 cents (-0.8%) to $33.05 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.9 million shares of Marsh & McLennan Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $32.95-$33.39 after having opened the day at $33.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.31. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: 21st Century Holding Company (TCHC), down 6.2%, MGIC Investment Corporation (MTG), down 5.7%, American Independence Corporation (AMIC), down 5.4%, and MBIA (MBI), down 4.6%. Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., a professional services company, provides advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. It operates in two segments, Risk and Insurance Services, and Consulting. Marsh & McLennan Companies has a market cap of $18.22 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.5, above the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 18.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Marsh & McLennan Companies a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Marsh & McLennan Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Marsh & McLennan Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV