Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile SA (SQM): Today's Featured Chemicals Loser
Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile (SQM) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile fell 51 cents (-0.9%) to $56.49 on average volume. Throughout the day, 261,835 shares of Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 309,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $56.29-$57.25 after having opened the day at $56.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: BioFuel Energy Corporation (BIOF), down 17.4%, Pacific Ethanol (PEIX), down 12.8%, Clean Diesel Technologies (CDTI), down 9.2%, and Yongye International (YONG), down 6.1%. Chemical and Mining Company of Chile Inc. engages in the production and sale of fertilizers and specialty chemicals in Chile and internationally. Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile has a market cap of $14.86 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 27.3, equal to the average chemicals industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV