Embraer S.A. (ERJ): Today's Featured Aerospace/Defense Loser
Embraer S.A (ERJ) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry lower today making it today's featured Aerospace/Defense loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Embraer S.A fell 81 cents (-2.5%) to $31.69 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of Embraer S.A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.63-$32.55 after having opened the day at $32.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.50. Other company's within the Aerospace/Defense industry that declined today were: Astrotech Corporation (ASTC), down 3.1%, Aerosonic Corporation (AIM), down 2.7%, Erickson Air-Crane (EAC), down 2.3%, and AAR (AIR), down 2.1%. Embraer S.A. engages in the development, production, and sale of jet and turboprop aircraft for civil and defense aviation markets. Embraer S.A has a market cap of $6.04 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 54.4, below the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio of 85.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 29.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Embraer S.A a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Embraer S.A as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Embraer S.A Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV