Simon Property Group Inc (SPG): Today's Featured Real Estate Winner
Simon Property Group (SPG) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Simon Property Group rose $1.15 (0.7%) to $156.08 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of Simon Property Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $153.80-$156.40 after having opened the day at $154.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $154.93. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Income Opportunity Realty Investors (IOT), up 5.9%, Altisource Portfolio Solutions (ASPS), up 5.2%, Intergroup Corporation (INTG), up 5%, and ZipRealty (ZIPR), up 4.2%. Simon Property Group, Inc. is an independent equity real estate investment trust. It engages in investment, ownership, and management of properties. The firm invests in the real estate markets across the globe. Simon Property Group has a market cap of $46.89 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 30.6, equal to the average real estate industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Simon Property Group a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Simon Property Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Simon Property Group Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV