Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): Today's Featured Insurance Winner
Sun Life Financial (SLF) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Sun Life Financial rose 70 cents (3.1%) to $23.26 on average volume. Throughout the day, 971,379 shares of Sun Life Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 759,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.47-$23.71 after having opened the day at $22.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.56. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Genworth Financial (GNW), up 3.2%, Baldwin & Lyons (BWINA), up 2.6%, Allied World Assurance Company Holdings (AWH), up 2.2%, and Catalyst Health Solutions (CHSI), up 2%. Sun Life Financial Inc., an international financial services organization, provides a range of protection and wealth accumulation products and services to individuals and corporate customers. Sun Life Financial has a market cap of $12.98 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are up 19.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Sun Life Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sun Life Financial as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Sun Life Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV