Sun Life Financial (SLF) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Sun Life Financial rose 70 cents (3.1%) to $23.26 on average volume. Throughout the day, 971,379 shares of Sun Life Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 759,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.47-$23.71 after having opened the day at $22.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.56. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Genworth Financial (GNW), up 3.2%, Baldwin & Lyons (BWINA), up 2.6%, Allied World Assurance Company Holdings (AWH), up 2.2%, and Catalyst Health Solutions (CHSI), up 2%. Sun Life Financial Inc., an international financial services organization, provides a range of protection and wealth accumulation products and services to individuals and corporate customers. Sun Life Financial has a market cap of $12.98 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are up 19.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Sun Life Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sun Life Financial as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Sun Life Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SLF
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV