Eni SpA (E) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1%. By the end of trading, Eni SpA rose 44 cents (1%) to $43.22 on average volume. Throughout the day, 759,153 shares of Eni SpA exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 636,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.99-$43.78 after having opened the day at $43.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.78. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: GeoPetro Resources Company (GPR), up 7.9%, Sanchez Energy (SN), up 7.8%, Midstates Petroleum (MPO), up 7.6%, and FX Energy (FXEN), up 6.4%. Eni SpA, an integrated energy company, engages in the exploration, production, transportation, transformation, and marketing of oil and natural gas. Eni SpA has a market cap of $77.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 4.4, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 8.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Eni SpA a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Eni SpA as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Eni SpA Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about E
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV