Eni SpA (E): Today's Featured Energy Winner
Eni SpA (E) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1%. By the end of trading, Eni SpA rose 44 cents (1%) to $43.22 on average volume. Throughout the day, 759,153 shares of Eni SpA exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 636,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.99-$43.78 after having opened the day at $43.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.78. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: GeoPetro Resources Company (GPR), up 7.9%, Sanchez Energy (SN), up 7.8%, Midstates Petroleum (MPO), up 7.6%, and FX Energy (FXEN), up 6.4%. Eni SpA, an integrated energy company, engages in the exploration, production, transportation, transformation, and marketing of oil and natural gas. Eni SpA has a market cap of $77.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 4.4, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 8.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Eni SpA a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Eni SpA as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Eni SpA Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV