Finisar Corporation (FNSR): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Winner
Finisar Corporation (FNSR) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Finisar Corporation rose 31 cents (2.2%) to $14.39 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of Finisar Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.95-$14.53 after having opened the day at $13.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.08. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Hauppauge Digital (HAUP), up 4.5%, iGo (IGOI), up 4.3%, STEC (STEC), up 3.8%, and Hutchinson Technology (HTCH), up 3.1%. Finisar Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets optical subsystems, components, and network performance test systems for high-speed data communications in the United States, Malaysia, and the People's Republic of China, and internationally. Finisar Corporation has a market cap of $1.31 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 33.3, below the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio of 34.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 15.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Finisar Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Finisar Corporation as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Finisar Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV