In the end, it all comes down to money.
Auerbach hopes to seal the deal to open the new cafe as part of the list of merchants at Barclays Center. From promotional materials, the arena seems to be the centerpiece of the revitalization plan for downtown Brooklyn. Given that Black and White Cookie will have its production base just a few blocks away from the arena and it just so happens that the Nets' new colors are black and white, Auerbach is optimistic that a deal will soon be made.
While Auerbach is the face of Black and White Cookie, he does have two partners, who now -- sensing the opportunity there is for the refocused concept -- are looking to sell their controlling interest to pay off debt, but also to a suitor who would be able to give the concept the proper attention it needs, Auerbach says.
He plans to stay involved no matter what happens.-- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. To follow Laurie Kulikowski on Twitter, go to: http://twitter.com/#!/LKulikowski >To submit a news tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV