This isn't an endorsement for Allscripts right now, though. Instead, it's a chance for you to really come to understand this business model while it's deeply out of favor -- and then buy when you think the time is right. Just a few months ago, investors were looking at Allscripts as a decent company in a really attractive business. After a deep fix, that will likely again be the investor sentiment several quarters from now.
Risks to Consider: Buybacks don't prevent stocks from falling -- they just cushion the blow against even deeper falls.
Action to Take: Share count bloat is one of the key factors behind disappointing EPS growth. Conversely, falling share counts can make a tepid growth story look like much better. That's why these stocks are often a fertile area for investment ideas. Aside from Allscripts, any of the stocks in the list above should give you a good head start on your research.
David Sterman does not personally hold positions in any securities mentioned in this article.StreetAuthority LLC does not hold positions in any securities mentioned in this article. Also See:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV