NEW YORK ( TheStreet) --It's another day and the Apple (AAPL) news keeps rolling along, with hints about the next version of iOS, why Siri hates Apple, and possible confirmation of the Apple television.
Simply called "Maps," Apple's app will be cleaner, faster, more reliable, and use the technologies from Placebase, C3 Technologies, and Poly9, companies Apple has acquired in the past. C3 Technologies is responsible for the 3D technology which Apple will reportedly unveil with its latest mobile operating system, iOS 6, that's expected to be released at WWDC in June. Now when people get lost because they can't read maps, they can actually see themselves looking clueless.
Apple is notoriously tight-lipped about its upcoming products, but that doesn't mean its suppliers are. Foxconn Technology founder and CEO Terry Gou reportedly said the company plans to start manufacturing the long-awaited Apple television. Still no word on whether the television will come out this year, 2013, or possibly 2014. There's less hype about who will be the next President of the United States then there is the iTV.Even though Apple has heavily promoted Siri, its voice assistant app on the iPhone 4S, Siri apparently doesn't like the iPhone that much. Siri was asked, "What is the best smartphone ever?" It replied Nokia Lumia 900 4G. Ouch. Shares of Apple are higher this morning, up 0.47% to $573.20. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV