Alere Stock Gaps Down On Today's Open (ALR)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Alere (NYSE:ALR) were gapping down Friday morning with an open price 13.6% lower than Thursday's closing price. The stock closed at $22.30 Thursday and opened today's trading at $19.26. The average volume for Alere has been 661,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Alere has a market cap of $1.78 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. Shares are down 4.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Alere Inc. develops and manufactures patient diagnosis, monitoring, and health management products and services for cardiology, infectious diseases, toxicology, diabetes, oncology, and women's health in the United States and internationally. TheStreet Ratings rates Alere as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and generally poor debt management. You can view the full Alere Ratings Report. Get more investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV