NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Wednesday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Tuesday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Chevron (CVX), Duke Energy (DUK), Honeywell (HON), Sherwin-Williams (SHW), United Technologies (UTX), Visa (V) and Whirlpool (WHR).
The energy company reported first-quarter earnings on April 27 of $6.5 billion, or $3.27 a share, up from year-earlier earnings of $6.2 billion, or $3.09.
"Our $120 target price represents an 8.9x multiple to our 2012 EPS estimate, near the lower end of its historical 8-14x range," Societe Generale analysts wrote in a May 7 report. "We expect CVX's high oil exposure, diverse business model, strong balance sheet, and dividend yield to be sought as a safe haven amid the market volatility we anticipate in 2012. That said, the heavy investment phase for its large LNG projects puts it in deficit spending territory for 2012-13 and poses the risk of cost overruns. We respect management's conservative approach, but it will limit potential for positive surprises from dividends or buybacks. Risks to our TP: Volatile wellhead, crack spreads, and product pricing can materially affect profitability. With 73% non-US exposure, geopolitics can affect bottom line results, as can proposed domestic tax changes. CVX also has several chunky deep H2O projects, which pose cost overrun risks. About half of operations are PSC exposed."Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 3.5%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV