NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Wall Street curmudgeons always offer that "even a broken clock is right two times a day." While the intent is to poke fun at investors who have not performed sound due diligence, the remark does very little to discredit the rewards earned on the trade.
It only takes being right once to become a millionaire investor. Ultimately, being in the right place and at the right time is what counts.
As my research continues to suggest, it is the right time to be in networking giant Cisco (CSCO), I am also growing more enamored with names such as AT&T (T) and Verizon (VZ) as their data networks will soon become in higher demand.Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. The charts below are the results of a study sponsored by Cisco showing that global mobile data grew by 133% during 2011 -- the fourth year that traffic more than doubled. Even more noteworthy were some of the statistics that went along with the study. To list just a few: monthly global mobile data traffic will surpass 10 exabytes in 2016; smartphone handsets will exceed 50% of mobile data traffic in 2014; the average mobile connection speed will probably surpass 1 megabyte per second in 2014. So with this understanding, the obvious question is, how can investors capitalize on it? The charts above offer a blueprint to some significant growth opportunities. Remarkably it seems Wall Street has yet to realize this, otherwise companies such as Cisco, Verizon or AT&T would be trading at significantly higher valuations. Rivals of these companies should also benefit. These include names such as Hewlett-Packard (HPQ): Although it has languished of late, the company remains a dominant force within this space. Not only its PC and printing businesses, but its network equipment business is good enough to rival both Cisco and Juniper (JNPR).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV