The Islandia, N.Y.-based company beat Wall Street's profit estimate, but its 2013 guidance was weaker than expected. CA posted earnings Thursday of 56 cents a share on $1.188 billion in revenue. Wall Street analysts polled by Yahoo! Finance were looking for earnings of 52 cents a share on revenue of $1.19 billion.
For fiscal 2013, CA expects to earn $2.45 to $2.53 a share on revenue between $4.85 billion and $4.95 billion. Wall Street analysts are looking for earnings of $2.50 a share on $5.01 billion in revenue.
CA's shares were down 2.5% to $25.75 in premarket trading.Nvidia (NVDA), which reports its first-quarter results before market open on Friday, was down 0.56% at $12.35. Analysts expect the chipmaker to report earnings of 10 cents a share on revenue of $916.7 million. Apple (AAPL) shares slipped 0.35% to $568.50 before market open. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV