The Islandia, N.Y.-based company beat Wall Street's profit estimate, but its 2013 guidance was weaker than expected. CA posted earnings Thursday of 56 cents a share on $1.188 billion in revenue. Wall Street analysts polled by Yahoo! Finance were looking for earnings of 52 cents a share on revenue of $1.19 billion.
For fiscal 2013, CA expects to earn $2.45 to $2.53 a share on revenue between $4.85 billion and $4.95 billion. Wall Street analysts are looking for earnings of $2.50 a share on $5.01 billion in revenue.
CA's shares were down 2.5% to $25.75 in premarket trading.Nvidia (NVDA), which reports its first-quarter results before market open on Friday, was down 0.56% at $12.35. Analysts expect the chipmaker to report earnings of 10 cents a share on revenue of $916.7 million. Apple (AAPL) shares slipped 0.35% to $568.50 before market open. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV