Zoltek Companies Inc. Stock Downgraded (ZOLT)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 26.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ZOLT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.03 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, ZOLT has a quick ratio of 2.13, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for ZOLTEK COS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.70%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.10% trails the industry average.
- ZOLT has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 11.99% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.