Six months into integration, we focus our efforts on implementing effective sales and market initiatives, facility upgrades for enhanced customer experience, and a personnel training and motivation to drive performance improvement. The results of these efforts continue to be encouraging.
For the month of April, Motel 168 portfolio achieved RevPAR of RMB140, with 85% of occupancy rate and ADR of RMB165. Motel 168 is a significant investment we made for the future of our company. We are very pleased with the integration results so far, and we expect to achieved 80% or higher occupancy rate on a full-year basis.
Furthermore, we have begun building a developed pipeline for Motel 168 and at end of the first quarter, we had five leased-and-operated hotels and 21 franchised-and-managed hotels contracted and under construction. Given the integration results, we are confident in the future development of the Motel 168 brand and its contribution of the company.
Now, let’s turn our attention to profitability. Excluding Motel 168, underlying operation margin for core Home Inns including Yitel hotels was 4.7% compared 7.9% in the first quarter of 2011. There are two key factors impacting operating margins.First, dilutions from 80 leased-and-operated hotels including three Yitel hotels that were in operation for six months or less during the quarter impacted the overall margin rates by approximately 5 percentage points. These hotels contributed limited revenue yet incur full operation cost. Our new hotels are ramping within [our expectations] and are expected to continue doing so in a stable growth environment. The new hotels’ dilutive impact will continue to diminish as we steadily expand our portfolio base and attain healthy mix going forward. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV