SAO PAULO, May 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Companhia de Saneamento Basico do Estado de Sao Paulo - SABESP (BM&FBovespa: SBSP3; NYSE: SBS), one of the largest water and sewage services providers in the world based in the number of customers, announces today its results for the first quarter 2012 (1Q12).
In 1Q12, net operating revenue reached R$ 2.6 billion, a 12.3% growth compared to 1Q11. Costs and expenses, including construction costs, in the amount of R$ 1.9 billion grew 0.4% over 1Q11. EBIT grew 64.6%, from R$ 426.2 million in 1Q11 to R$ 701.7 million in 1Q12. EBITDA increased 35.7%, from R$ 654.3 million in 1Q11 to R$ 888.2 million in 1Q12. The EBITDA margin was 34.5% in 1Q12 in comparison to 28.5% in the same period of the previous year. Excluding construction revenues and construction costs, the EBITDA margin was 43.3% in 1Q12 (34.9% in 1Q11).
Gross operating revenue from water supply and sewage collection grew from R$ 2.0 billion in 1Q11 to R$ 2.2 billion in 1Q12, an increase of R$ 199.6 million or 10.0%. The main factors that led to this variation were: the increase of 3.0% in total billed volume, out of which 2.6% in water and 3.5% in sewage, and the tariff adjustment of 6.83% as of September 2011.
The complete version of the release is available at the Company's website: www.sabesp.com.brConference call – May 11, 2012 in English 10:00 am (US EST)Dial-in access: 1(412) 317-6776Conference ID: Sabesp in Portuguese 01:00 pm (US EST)Dial-in access: 55 (11) 3127-4971Conference ID: Sabesp Live webcast at: www.sabesp.com.br IR Contacts: Mario Arruda Sampaio: (55 11) 3388-8664 ( firstname.lastname@example.org) Angela Beatriz Airoldi: (55 11) 3388-8793 ( email@example.com) SOURCE SABESP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV