Get Sizzle: The American Culinary Federation Quarterly For Students Of Cooking Wherever You Are With Its New Free Mobile App
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla., May 10, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Do you have a passion for cooking and baking? Do you want the latest culinary news, recipes and how-to articles at your fingertips? If so, check out the latest culinary app to hit the market. The American Culinary Federation (ACF), the premier professional organization for culinarians in North America, is proud to announce that in addition to its digital format, Sizzle: The American Culinary Federation quarterly for students of cooking is now available as a free app on the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android smartphones and Amazon Kindle Fire.
Founded in 2004, Sizzle is enjoyed by culinary students, professionals and foodies in the U.S. and abroad. It is the only magazine in the U.S. exclusively targeting culinary, baking and pastry students. Originally printed and distributed to ACFEF-accredited programs, apprenticeship programs and subscribers, the magazine debuted in a digital format with its summer 2010 issue.
Sizzle received Ragan's 2011 Employee Communications Award for Most Improved Publication Design (Electronic Publication) in recognition of its 2011 redesign. Two new departments, "Last Bite" and "The Quiz," were also added in 2012."We realize that today's students are tomorrow's culinary leaders, so it is important for us to continually enhance our services for them," said Michael Ty, CEC, AAC, ACF national president. " Sizzle has offered readers articles about emerging job markets, culinary trends, step-by-step demonstrations, recipes and interviews with industry leaders for eight years. We are in a mobile society, so our new app will help us meet our readers where they are and when it is convenient for them." Download the Sizzle app today. Here is a look at some of the topics that will be featured in Sizzle this year:
- Spring 2012 (now available): Learn about new restaurant technologies; a career as a caterer; and trends in vegetarian and vegan cuisines.
- Summer 2012 (now available): Articles include becoming a leader in the kitchen; the life of a yacht chef; and pie trends.
- Fall 2012 (out Sept. 5): Readers learn about how to manage their money; a career as a cooking school instructor; and what's new with pub cuisine.
- Winter 2012 (out Nov. 7): Writers explore the keys to attaining work/life balance; a career as a foodservice manager; and how chefs are using heirloom beans.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV