Cummins (CMI) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Cummins fell 87 cents (-0.8%) to $105.87 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.2 million shares of Cummins exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $105.37-$109.18 after having opened the day at $108.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $106.74. Other company's within the Industrial industry that declined today were: Clean Diesel Technologies (CDTI), down 20.1%, Flow International Corporation (FLOW), down 11.8%, China Development Group Corporation (CTDC), down 9.5%, and China Recycling Energy Corporation (CREG), down 7.9%. Cummins Inc. designs, manufactures, distributes, and services diesel and natural gas engines, and engine-related component products worldwide. It operates in four segments: Engine, Components, Power Generation, and Distribution. Cummins has a market cap of $20.54 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.5, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 21.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Cummins a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Cummins as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Cummins Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CMI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV