Select Comfort Corporation (SCSS): Today's Featured Consumer Durables Loser
Select Comfort Corporation (SCSS) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Select Comfort Corporation fell 27 cents (-1%) to $27.02 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Select Comfort Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $26.86-$28.18 after having opened the day at $27.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.29. Other company's within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Fabrinet (FN), down 6.6%, Entertainment Gaming Asia (EGT), down 5%, Furniture Brands International (FBN), down 4.8%, and Global-Tech Advanced Innovations (GAI), down 4.6%. Select Comfort Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, manufacture, marketing, distribution, and retail of adjustable-firmness mattresses and other sleep-related products primarily in the United States and Canada. Select Comfort Corporation has a market cap of $1.51 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 23, above the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio of 22.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 25.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Select Comfort Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Select Comfort Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Select Comfort Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV