Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): Today's Featured Basic Materials Loser
Terra Nitrogen Company L.P (TNH) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Terra Nitrogen Company L.P fell $16.59 (-7.5%) to $203.40 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 273,434 shares of Terra Nitrogen Company L.P exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 88,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $200.74-$224.99 after having opened the day at $222 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $219.99. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Clean Diesel Technologies (CDTI), down 20.1%, BPZ Resources (BPZ), down 12.1%, Copano Energy (CPNO), down 11.3%, and ATP Oil & Gas (ATPG), down 9.8%. Terra Nitrogen Company, L.P. engages in the production and sale of nitrogen fertilizer products. It primarily offers anhydrous ammonia and urea ammonium nitrate solutions. Terra Nitrogen GP Inc. serves as the general partner of the company. Terra Nitrogen Company, L.P. Terra Nitrogen Company L.P has a market cap of $4.25 billion and is part of the chemicals industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.8, below the average chemicals industry P/E ratio of 15 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 31% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Terra Nitrogen Company L.P as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Terra Nitrogen Company L.P Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV