Google (GOOG) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Google rose $4.51 (0.7%) to $613.66 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Google exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $610.23-$616.19 after having opened the day at $612.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $609.15. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: InfoSpace (INSP), up 21.7%, Quepasa Corporation (QPSA), up 5.6%, Friendfinder Networks (FFN), up 5.6%, and TheStreet (TST), up 5.3%. Google Inc., a technology company, maintains an index of Web sites and other online content for users, advertisers, and Google network members and other content providers. Google has a market cap of $159.3 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.1, above the average internet industry P/E ratio of 18.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 29 analysts that rate Google a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Google as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Google Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GOOG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV