BRF - Brasil Foods SA (BRFS): Today's Featured Food & Beverage Winner
BRF - Brasil Foods (BRFS) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, BRF - Brasil Foods rose 33 cents (1.9%) to $17.41 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of BRF - Brasil Foods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.27-$17.58 after having opened the day at $17.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.08. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Feihe International (ADY), up 48.9%, Origin Agritech (SEED), up 10.7%, Monster Beverage (MNST), up 9%, and Primo Water (PRMW), up 8.8%. BRF - Brasil Foods S.A., together with its subsidiaries, engages in raising, producing, and slaughtering poultry, pork, and beef in Brazil and internationally. BRF - Brasil Foods has a market cap of $15.05 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 35.3, above the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio of 26.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 12.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are two analysts that rate BRF - Brasil Foods a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates BRF - Brasil Foods as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full BRF - Brasil Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV