Magna International Inc. (MGA): Today's Featured Automotive Winner
Magna International (MGA) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Magna International rose 82 cents (1.9%) to $43.62 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.8 million shares of Magna International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $43.37-$46.19 after having opened the day at $45.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.80. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Tesla Motors (TSLA), up 9.7%, Monro Muffler/Brake (MNRO), up 4%, Orbital (OBT), up 3.7%, and Fuel Systems Solutions (FSYS), up 2.9%. Magna International Inc. designs, develops, and manufactures automotive systems, assemblies, modules and components, and engineers and assembles vehicles to original equipment manufacturers of cars and light trucks in North America, Europe, Asia, South America, and Africa. Magna International has a market cap of $9.94 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 28.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Magna International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Magna International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, attractive valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Magna International Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV