- Quarterly net revenue was $138.7 million versus $155.7 million in last year's comparable period due primarily to an industry-wide disk drive shortage related to flooding in Thailand
- Gross margin increased 100 basis points to 6.2%, or $8.6 million compared to 5.2% or $8.1 million in the comparable period last year due primarily to higher than normal sales prices on hard drives due to inventory supply constraints and higher margins earned on small appliances
- Operating income was $0.8 million compared to operating income of $1.6 million in the comparable period last year. This decrease was primarily attributable to operating and startup expenses for the New Jersey location which opened in fiscal 2012
- Net income was $0.4 million, or $0.09 per diluted share. This compared to net income of $1.1 million, or $0.21 per diluted share, in the comparable period last year
- EBITDA* was $1.1 million compared to $1.8 million in the same period last year
- As of March 31, 2012 cash and cash equivalents were $7.3 million, net trade receivables were $61.0 million, net inventories were $64.4 million and working capital was $22.5 million
- SED’s Return on Invested Capital, or ROIC, for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 was 5.1%
- Shareholders’ equity at the end of the quarter was $26.3 million, or $5.27 per diluted share
SED International Announces Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.