- Net course registrations increased to approximately 101,000 in the first quarter of 2012, a year-over-year increase of 24%.
- Net course registrations by new students in the first quarter of 2012 increased to approximately 20,500, an increase of approximately 15% over the same period of 2011.
- As of March 31, 2012, there were a total of approximately 119,200 active students at American Public University System, a year-over-year increase of 32%.
- First quarter 2012 revenues increased 29% to $75.8 million, compared to $58.7 million in the first quarter of 2011.
- Income from operations before interest income and income taxes in the first quarter of 2012 increased 14% to $14.9 million, compared to $13.1 million in the same period of 2011.
- Net income for the first quarter of 2012 increased 15% to $9.1 million, or $0.50 per diluted share, compared to $7.9 million, or $0.43 per diluted share, in the same period of 2011.
American Public Education Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.