- Net course registrations increased to approximately 101,000 in the first quarter of 2012, a year-over-year increase of 24%.
- Net course registrations by new students in the first quarter of 2012 increased to approximately 20,500, an increase of approximately 15% over the same period of 2011.
- As of March 31, 2012, there were a total of approximately 119,200 active students at American Public University System, a year-over-year increase of 32%.
- First quarter 2012 revenues increased 29% to $75.8 million, compared to $58.7 million in the first quarter of 2011.
- Income from operations before interest income and income taxes in the first quarter of 2012 increased 14% to $14.9 million, compared to $13.1 million in the same period of 2011.
- Net income for the first quarter of 2012 increased 15% to $9.1 million, or $0.50 per diluted share, compared to $7.9 million, or $0.43 per diluted share, in the same period of 2011.
American Public Education Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.