OR YEHUDA, Israel, May 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Formula Systems (1985) Ltd. ( NASDAQ: FORTY) a leading provider of software consulting services, computer-based business solutions, and proprietary software products, today announced its results for the first quarter of 2012.
Financial Highlights for the first Quarter of 2012
- Revenues for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012, increased by 14% to $178.3-million compared to $155.9-million in the same period last year.
- Operating income for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012 increased by 13% to $13.9-million, compared to $12.3-million in the same period last year.
- Net income for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012 increased by 87% to $7.8-million compared to $4.2-million in the same period last year. Net income included a net gain of $2.9 million resulting from the remeasurement of the Company's investments, primarily attributable to regaining the controlling interest in Sapiens.
- Formula's consolidated cash and short-term and long-term investments in marketable securities totaled approximately $128.0 million, as of March 31, 2012.
- Total equity on March 31, 2012 was $456.4 million, representing 53% of the total balance sheet.
Comments of ManagementCommenting on the results, Guy Bernstein, CEO of Formula Systems, said: "These outstanding results reflect the strong start to the year made by Formula and its subsidiaries. Matrix reported record-breaking results for the first quarter of 2012, with substantial growth in all its activities, in particular in its core business as a leader in the provision of software solutions and services in Israel. Magic continued its success from 2011, with double-digit growth for the tenth consecutive quarter and very strong performance across the board in all of its regional centers of activity. Magic expects to continue its growth with new releases of its enterprise mobile and cloud-based technology. On January 27, 2012, Formula regained a controlling interest in Sapiens, demonstrating our firm belief in Sapiens' current and future performance. Following successful acquisitions, which have enhanced its product offering and expanded its global reach, Sapiens reported significant growth in the first quarter of 2012. We are confident that we can build on this impressive start to the year to achieve even greater success moving forward." About Formula Formula Systems Ltd. is a global information technology company principally engaged, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, in providing software consulting services, developing proprietary software products, and providing computer-based business solutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV