10 Best Summer Music Festivals You're Not Seeing
NEW YORK ( MainStreet) -- Giant music festivals haven't been a symbol of rebellion or free expression since the fences came down at Yasgur's Farm. In 2012, they're big-budget events that need corporate backing.
It's not always as overt as the Bud (BUD) Light Summer Concert Series, but corporate involvement is as inextricably tied to the summer music experience as mud patches or fragrant puffs of smoke that occasionally emanate from the crowd. Those deep pockets helped the music industry increase global ticket sales 15% and boost attendance 1.2% in 2011 despite having 20% fewer live shows than it did in 2010, according to Billboard.
With average attendance up 27.3% and average gross profit soaring 45% in 2011, we took a look at some of the biggest festivals of summer 2012 to see which companies went all-in with sponsorship:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV