The biopharmaceutical company reported Wednesday a first-quarter loss of $38.2 million, or 27 cents a share, narrower than a year-earlier loss of $41.5 million, or 34 cents."We maintain our UW rating on MNKD following the company's 1Q update post close," JPMorgan analysts wrote in a report Thursday. "The Phase 3 AFFINITY trials evaluating Afrezza for Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes are enrolling behind schedule, which could potentially extend the timelines for data readouts and further stretch the already limited cash reserves of the company." Shares of MannKind hit a 52-week low Thursday of $1.92. The stock's 52-week high of $4.30 was set on June 27. Five of the 11 analysts who cover MannKind rated it sell. Three analysts gave the stock a buy rating and another three rated it hold. The stock has dropped 22.58% year to date.
Windstream The communications company reported on Thursday first-quarter net income of $64.6 million, or 11 cents a share, up from year-earlier net income of $29.4 million, or 6 cents. The company's first-quarter earnings fell short of analysts' expectations, which on average called for a profit of 14 cents a share. Shares of Windstream hit a 52-week low of $9.42. The stock's 52-week high of $13.57 was set on May 20. Windstream's forward P/E is 15.75; the average for fixed-line telecommunications companies is 32.53. For comparison, Virgin Media (VMED) has a lower forward P/E of 8.76. Thirteen of the 18 analysts who cover Windstream rated it hold. Four analysts gave the stock a buy rating and one rated it sell. The stock has fallen 14.4% year to date.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV