The digital technology services company reported Wednesday first-quarter net income of $988,000, or 4 cents a share, down from year-earlier net income of $12.7 million, or 45 cents.
"Versus peers, we see DGIT shares trading at 4x-6x EBITDA, or $7-$17," Oppenheimer analysts wrote in a report Thursday. "Currently, we cannot justify a long-term fundamental thesis; however, the company might be attractive to a PE firm given its cash flow characteristics and strong industry position."Shares of Digital Generation hit a 52-week low of $8.66 on Thursday. The stock's 52-week high of $36.67 was set one year ago. Digital Generation trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 5.21 times; the average for broadcast and entertainment companies is 13.47. Five of the nine analysts who cover Digital Generation rated it buy. Three analysts gave the stock a hold rating and one rated it sell. The stock has fallen 27.85% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV