The economic calendar brings the producer price index for April at 8:30 a.m. ET, and the University of Michigan consumer sentiment survey data at 9:55 a.m. ET. Economists are expecting PPI to come in flat, with the core number, excluding food and energy, seen up 0.2%, according to Briefing.com.
As for consumer sentiment, the consensus sees a tick down to 76 from the prior reading of 76.4. Briefing.com itself is predicting a steeper decline down to 75, which would be a return to levels last seen in January.
--Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV