Canadian Solar (CSIQ) designs, develops, manufactures and sells solar cell and solar module products that convert sunlight into electricity for a variety of uses. This stock is trading up 5.9% at $3.40 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.23-$3.5052-Week Range: $2.07-$12.01 Volume: 541,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 905,881 Shares of CSIQ are moving higher today after the company beat earnings estimates by 4 cents per share and said its sees second-quarter gross margins of 8% to 10%. >>Top 5 Tech Stocks in a Down Market From a technical perspective, CSIQ is bouncing strong back above its 50-day moving average of $3.32 on light volume. This move is pushing CSIQ within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once CSIQ takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $3.69 to $3.81, and then its 200-day moving average of $3.94 with high-volume. Traders should look for long-biased trades off a sustained move or close above those levels that comes with volume near or above 905,881 shares. If we get that action soon, look for CSIQ to hit its next significant overhead resistance levels at $4.60 to $4.74.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV