The Long Island, N.Y.-based information technology giant reported earnings of 56 cents a share on $1.188 billion in revenue. Wall Street analysts polled by Yahoo! Finance were looking for earnings of 52 cents a share on $1.19 billion in revenue according to Yahoo! Finance.
Despite the earnings beat, CA said it expects to earn $2.45 to $2.53 a share on revenue between $4.85 billion and $4.95 billion. Wall Street analysts are looking for earnings of $2.50 a share on $5.01 billion in revenue.
"We finished fiscal 2012 by delivering a solid fourth quarter," said CA Technologies CEO Bill McCracken, in a press release. "Fiscal 2012 was a year that further demonstrated CA Technologies' progress against its strategic goals and our commitment to consistently delivering innovative solutions and services to our customers, revenue and earnings growth and attractive, sustainable returns to our shareholders."Shares of CA closed the session higher, up 0.23% to $26.41. Shares are unchanged in extended-hours trading, according to Nasdaq.com. Interested in more on CA? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV