YONKERS, N.Y., May 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Hudson Valley Holding Corp. (NYSE: HVB) today reported that William E. Griffin, a Founder and Chairman of Hudson Valley Holding Corp. and Hudson Valley Bank for the past 22 years, has announced his retirement from both positions effective immediately. While retiring as Chairman, he will remain a member of the Boards of Directors.
James J. Landy, President & CEO of Hudson Valley Holding Corp. and Hudson Valley Bank, has been named Executive Chairman and Stephen R. Brown, Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer, has been named President & CEO. Both Mr. Landy and Mr. Brown will hold these positions for the Holding Corp. and Bank.
Mr. Landy has over 35 years of experience in commercial banking. He joined Hudson Valley in 1977 and has been President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company since January 2001. He previously served as Executive Vice President and in various other executive capacities with the bank. Mr. Brown has 35 years of business experience. He has served as Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer of the Company since January 2001, Treasurer of the Company since July 2004 and Secretary since may 2010. Since joining Hudson Valley in 1993, he has held various other executive positions.
"Jim and Steve have been key members of our management team, as well as serving on our Boards," Mr. Griffin said. "Their expertise combined with their knowledge of our customers, markets and the communities we serve will provide for a smooth transition.""The Board of Directors has every confidence in Jim and Steve's ability to lead our organization as we strive to be consistent in the areas that have historically been our strengths; our focus on customer service and goal of financial excellence, while at the same time, looking to the future."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV