The board of directors of Questar Corporation (NYSE: STR) today announced that Ronald W. Jibson will succeed Keith O. Rattie as the chairman of its board of directors effective July 1, 2012. Jibson will continue to serve as president and chief executive officer of the Salt Lake City-based integrated energy company.
Jibson will replace Rattie, who will retire as Questar’s chairman after serving since May 2003, but will continue as a Questar director. Rattie joined Questar in January 2001 as its president and chief operating officer. He was named president and chief executive officer in May 2002. Since July 2010, Rattie has served as chairman of both Questar Corporation and Denver-based QEP Resources, which was spun off from Questar.
“On behalf of Questar’s board, employees and shareholders, I’d like to thank Keith for his years of service as Questar’s chairman,” Jibson said. “Keith’s leadership transformed us from a respected regional energy company into two top-tier energy companies nationally recognized for financial performance and operational excellence.”
Jibson has served as president and CEO of Questar Corporation since July 2010. Prior to that, he was an executive vice president of the corporation and president of its utility subsidiary, Questar Gas Company, which serves about 1 million customers in Utah, southern Idaho and southwestern Wyoming. Jibson has held several Questar executive and management positions since starting with the company 32 years ago as a design engineer.Questar Corporation is a Rockies-based integrated natural gas company with an enterprise value of about $4.5 billion. Its subsidiaries include:
- Questar Gas Company—a regulated natural gas distribution utility serving more than 900,000 homes and businesses in Utah, Wyoming and Idaho;
- Wexpro Company—which develops and produces natural gas on behalf of Questar Gas Company’s utility customers;
- Questar Pipeline Company—which operates interstate natural gas pipelines and storage facilities in the western United States.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV