News Corp: S&P Intraday Gainer
The S&P 500 was rising 5 points Thursday to 1,359.
Shares of News Corp gained 5.21% to $20.39. The media company reported Wednesday third-quarter net income of $937 million, or 38 cents a share, up from year-earlier earnings of $639 million, or 24 cents a share. On an adjusted basis, third-quarter earnings were 37 cents a share.
Analysts, on average, expected earnings of 31 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters data.Shares of News Corp hit a 52-week high Thursday of $20.50. The stock's 52-week low of $13.38 was set on Aug. 9. News Corp trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 11.95 times; the average for broadcasting and entertainment companies is 25.5. For comparison, Walt Disney has a higher forward P/E of 13.15. Nineteen of the 29 analysts who cover News Corp rated it buy. Nine analysts gave the stock a hold rating and one rated it sell. The stock has risen 14.29% year to date.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV