GREENVILLE, SC, May 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Scio Diamond Technology Corporation (OTC-BB: SCIO.OB) announced today that production of cultured diamond has begun. Led by the Scio Operations Team and supported by local contractors, city and state governments, engineers, vendors, and suppliers, the company successfully produced usable diamond material in its CVD reactors in the new facility in South Carolina.
Joe Lancia, Scio Diamond's CEO said, "the thousands of hours of effort were all put into perspective when we saw a hydrogen glow appear in the reactors last week, marking the first phase of our rigorous startup process. We then began short production runs on several of the reactors and removed product from the chambers Monday morning. Reaching this milestone was a very tangible indicator of our momentum toward full-scale production."
Scio is proceeding with the systematic startup of the balance of our reactors. This start-up process is inclusive of multiple levels of growth times, testing the functionality of the direct support equipment and infrastructure support equipment building from short to longer duration run times.
This is yet another critical step in the company's plan to initiate and build production during its fiscal first quarter ending June 30 and to phase into full production during the following quarter ending September 30.About SCIO Diamond Scio Diamond will employ a patent-protected chemical vapor deposition process to produce high-quality, single-crystal diamonds in a controlled laboratory setting, with such diamonds referred to as "lab-grown" or cultivated diamonds. The diamonds are intended to have the identical chemical, physical and optical properties as diamonds found in the earth, and the company's highly controlled manufacturing process will enable it to produce very high-quality, high-purity, high volume, single-crystal colorless, near colorless and fancy colored diamonds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV