Scientific Games Stock Gaps Up On Today's Open (SGMS)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Scientific Games Corporation (Nasdaq:SGMS) were gapping up Thursday morning with an open price 26.9% higher than Wednesday's closing price. The stock closed at $9.10 Wednesday and opened today's trading at $11.55. The average volume for Scientific Games has been 655,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Scientific Games has a market cap of $861.8 million and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are down 4.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Scientific Games Corporation provides gaming solutions to lottery and gaming organizations worldwide. TheStreet Ratings rates Scientific Games as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management and weak operating cash flow. You can view the full Scientific Games Ratings Report. Get more investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV