NEW YORK ( TheStreet) --With Priceline.com (PCLN) reporting mixed first-quarter results, analysts still believe there's plenty of room to "negotiate" a higher stock price, despite worries over Europe.
The Norwalk, Conn.-based company posted first-quarter non-GAAP earnings that beat Wall Street expectations, but was cautious on the second quarter, especially in Europe, where it generates the majority of its revenue.
|William Shatner's "Negotiator" may have been killed off, but priceline's chances for higher share price are alive and well, analysts say.|
Pricline, which competes with
(GOOG), noted that Europe was soft (not something we didn't already know), but it has still been able to keep margins high as consumers maintain price sensitivity. EBITDA
Bank of American Merrill Lynch analyst Justin Post said the second-quarter guidance was very similar to the first-quarter guidance, and Priceline shares managed to rise 33% in the past three months. The stock was losing 4.5% to $686.78 in morning trades."Priceline built in bookings deceleration in remainder of 2Q into guidance and, if Europe holds up, we see potential for 50%+ ex-FX bookings growth in 2Q (modest deceleration vs 1Q) and bookings upside in 3Q (vs. our 37% ex-FX est.) on easier
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV