Stocks Hang On to Snap Losing Streak
Wall Street took a breather from the eurozone worries that have dented sentiment this week as Greece took steps to form a new government. The U.S. economic data also cooperated as weekly initial jobless claims held steady.
The Dow gained a mere 20 points, or 0.2%, to finish at 12,855. Still, the blue-chip index managed to snap a six-day losing streak, its longest since August 2011. Earlier in the session, the Dow traded as high as 12,932.
The S&P 500 tacked on 3 points, or 0.2%, to close at 1358. The index had dropped in five of the preceding six sessions and scraped a two-month low of 1343 in intraday action on Wednesday.The Nasdaq lost a point at 2933.64.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV